Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New President

Barak Pictures, Images and Photos

Yesterday we elected a new president for our great nation! I have very mixed feelings this morning! On one hand, I am very proud of my nation that we have put aside our prejudices and have elected a man of diverse heritage. As the mom of 4 children of diverse heritage this makes me very happy to know that they will not be viewed the same way people were 50 yrs ago.

On the other hand, I am very concerned over some questions that still lurk in the back of my mind. Actually, I would have probably had some of the same lurking questions if the other candidate had one. Reality is, God is in control and we will not worry!

Only time will tell what the real outcome of this election will be. As a family, we will pray daily for this man that God would lead him to make good decisions, that righteousness would prevail, that God would bless America, and that we as a nation would repent and turn to God again.

2 comments:

The Cook's said...

Very well said... I agree. It's our duty to pray for our leaders!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I've been praying for him and all of the newly elected officials. I pray for our great country and for the times ahead.

Felicia