
Toby is working on some humanitarian projects in an around Guatemala City! He was so excited and called several times with news of the trip!
While Toby was gone, we went to see my parents. They only live an hours drive from us, but my dad is a pipeline welder, so they travel around the country on jobs. Sometimes we don't see them for months at a time. They were in for the weekend, so it really made it nice.
Halloween night the girls decided to pass out candy instead of trick-or-treating! This was a new experience for them, but Kensli quickly tired of the whole ordeal and just ate candy!
The boys went camping with my dad! They seemingly had a great time, except when they called and found out the girls were passing out candy! Then they wanted to come back to Granny's.
I took a couple of naps this weekend and read a book! Two things that I rarely get to enjoy with 4 kids! It was nice to have Mom around wanting to play with the kids.
Kaitlyn and Nicholas had their last soccer game of the season on Sat., so we drove down for that and then went back to my Mom's. Mom and Gran got to see them play for the first time.
Went to church at Mom and Dad's church this weekend. Nice to go home every now and then and see people that I have known forever. Spent some time with my Aunt Betty and Aunt Blanche. Two ladies that have had a big influence in my life and have a very special place in my heart!
My dear Granny turned 84 the other day, so we had a little celebration for her. I made her a yummy sweet potato pie and we gave her a "Bananagrams" game. She is in very good health for 84 and quite active. She loves games and she plays some form of game with Aunt Betty every day! Keeping her mind sharp, so she can beat us when we come and play with her! Happy Birthday, Granny! May you have MANY MORE!!!!!!!
I guess you could say that this weekend was really a little R&R therapy for me!
5 comments:
R&R weekends are always a bonus. I had to laugh about the candy & just eating it though. That sounds way more fun to me! We live so far out in the boonies & have such a long driveway that trick-or-treaters are non-existent for us.
Sounds like a busy and fun weekend!!! I'm anxious to hear more about Toby's trip to Guatemala!!! :)
Felicia
We missed you guys but are so glad you had some R&R... you surely needed it!
Aren't moms great! I caught mine trying to teach Micaela how to clean ... then watched her draw drop when she walked into Mic's room and found it realllly clean, and her own room was vacuumed to, by Mic, without being asked. I just wish that was the norm, lol. But moms can be so great, and naps even better!
I meant "jaw drop". Sheesh.
Post a Comment