Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Fun

We have never been elaborate celebrators of Valentine's Day! We celebrate simply by spending the day with the ones we love!!!!!

I can remember as a kid getting these heart shaped cardboard Valentine boxes with chocolate candy in them. I looked at T*rget and got all 4 of the kids one. This morning, when they got up, their Valentines was waiting on them from Mommy and Daddy. The kids were so excited!!!! I actually surprised them for once. No one even had an idea that they would be getting anything, especially chocolate candy! :)
Kensli beat everybody to the candy!
Kaitlyn looks pretty even when she just gets out of bed!
Ricky and his cheesy grin! He would not smile until I took this picture and then I get this!!!!!
Nic looks like he slept hard last night!

Usually, hubby and I do go out, but not this year. I was sick all week with stomach issues, which came from eating out last Sunday, and I was not in the mood to chance another week of pain! Bummer, I know! Something about the way some places prepare food just gets to me!!!! So my dear, sweet husband said, "No problem, we'll just cook here!" He grilled steaks and shrimp! YUM, YUM, GOOD!!!!!!

After lunch Kelli came by and brought the kids some of her absolutely, best ever cupcakes! She could hardly set the box down before the kids, and of course the big kids, were in them! By the time she had to leave there was only one left!
Kelli and kids
I was trying to get a few good snapshots of the kids and the cupcakes and as soon as the camera flashed Kensli stuck out her tongue!
Doesn't she look pleased with herself?
When cupcakes were eaten and coffee and milk drunk, Toby and Ricky went to Wal*art and picked up the new swing set. Guess what the guys will be doing tomorrow between church services? Yep, working to make a little boy and two little girls happy. Ricky was a little bummed because he is to big and old to play on it, but is resigned to the fact that it is all part of growing up!

Tonight we are going to our 2nd Spanish Church Service at out church. It will be totally in Spanish, and pray I can keep Kensli busy and QUIET!

3 comments:

Room for More said...

Happy Valentine's Day! What a sugar-full day! Great pics. So, do you know Spanish? I would be totally lost!I am glad you are feeling better!

Doug and Terrye said...

What a wonderful day with an incredibly good perspective :)

Terrye in FL

berrypatch said...

That post made me VERY hungry! ;-)