I really do not think a Friday come around at a better time this week! It seems that LIFE has a way of sabotaging anything and everything that we call important! Sometimes I really enjoy these happy little breaks in a somewhat boring routine. Due to so many happy little breaks this week and trying to keep the routine going, I am glad that tomorrow is Saturday and we can take a break!
We have all been under the weather for the last few weeks, and on Tuesday I got a call from Toby that he was on the way to the dr. because he was SICK again. Ok, do not get me started on how he will not slow down and get better before taking on his never ending list of projects. He sees the dr. at the walk-in-clinic, because our regular GP was closed for the day. He had the start of strep and during it all he meets a very nice Pakistani/American Doctor that is a died- in-the-wool Republican. I asked Toby how that all came up and he said that he wasn't sure, but the conversation was quite one sided and you knew exactly where this man stood on every issue. HEEHEE, nothing like a shot and a good political discussion to cure what ales. Needless to say the dose of politics, the shot, the antibiotics that were prescribed, or God did the trick. I have a very strong feeling it was the later!
On Tuesday morning my dad came and picked up Ricky to help him split and haul some firewood. My mother had been helping (drove the truck and loaded some wood), but after a flat tire and breaking 4 fingernails, she refused to help anymore. My mom is so not the wood hauling type!!!! So, it was Ricky to the rescue. My dad taking him fishing didn't hurt either.
With Ricky gone the rest of us had a little more relaxed school time. We stayed on the our routine, but there just didn't seem to be as much to do! Next week should be back to the heavy schooling.
It's the weekend! Bring on the fun!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I chuckled about your mom. I can relate - really. ;-)
WE have been sick here too. Boy, it wears on a family (especially mom because there is never enough of me to go around). Blessings.
Post a Comment