Monday, February 9, 2009

My Backyard

When we sold our house and moved into the "big city", one of my main concerns was not having enough room for 4 kids to play. I prayed and the Lord gave us the perfect backyard. It is huge for an in town yard, even with a pool. We spend a lot of time outside and really enjoy the room to move. We have several projects going on right now and hopefully I will be able to post the after pictures soon.

Here are a few pictures of our little haven.....

Side yard looking toward house.


One of the projects... the back door that needs some serious sprucing up.


Our nosey little dog that tries to get in every picture.

One of the flower bed projects.....I think I will fill with Day Lilies.

View of most of the back yard from the back door area.


Where Ginger spends most of her time. "There are squirrels in them there trees!"




Just because she is so pretty!

I am hoping to get our projects finished early spring. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE flowers!!!!! Last year, because of the move, I missed out on the all the beautiful seasonal plants. I plan to be ready this year!!!!!

3 comments:

Room for More said...

Ahhh, a pool! oh how I shamelessly covet your pool! A much needed accessory in the South isn't it? What a blessing to have a great big back yard! Our 2.5 acres is more than I ever could have dreamed of for the kids! Let's encourage one another to frugally spruce up our flower beds! Which reminds me, I need to go trim my roses back tomorrow!

Debbie said...

Oh, we love our pool. It also came with the house and has been such a blessing. It is so fun to plan. I always have several outside projects each summer. We don't often get them all done, but it is fun.

berrypatch said...

What a great backyard! I love the puppy photo. I had to chuckle over your dog looking to the tree for squirrels. The only time I ever hear my dog bark is when she is playing with my in-laws dog OR she is trying to get a squirrel that's in the tree! LOL Other than that, she NEVER barks! ;-)