HAPPY TET & CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
During our dinner, 0ur Asian waiter asked if Kaitlyn was a Chinese girl and totally ignored Kensli. Kaitlyn just rolled her eyes at him, and thankfully he did not seem to notice my daughter's outward frustration with him. It is a scenario that happens a lot (For some reason, Asian adults do not seem to even notice Kensli, until it is pointed out she is Chinese.), and it makes Kaitlyn so mad. We even have one Chinese restaurant here in town that every time we go there to eat we get, "Oh, 4 Chinese babies." I think it's kind of funny and do not even try to explain now ( I have in the past and is was just a waste of my time.), but Kaitlyn has no patience with an Asian that cannot tell she is Vietnamese. She is genuinely proud of her birth culture and wants the world to know that she was born in Vietnam. We have talked about this several times, but the minute someone makes the mistake of calling her Chinese she becomes outwardly frustrated. Guess we need to learn a lesson in not showing our feelings on our face.
My beautiful Vietnamese and Chinese daughters!
I could not find any red envelopes this year because I waited to late. I did find these cute little red and white "gift bags."
I put some money wrapped around a piece of candy in each. We did have oranges sitting around and we have gold and red streamers strung around the house. Kaitlyn really enjoyed decorating. I have to buy some lanterns for next year. I have been planning to buy some every year, but I haven't yet. Hopefully next year, I can be a little more prepared!
No one in the adoption group here did anything that I know about. Next year I think I may need to step up and try to plan something. Just wished BOTT, Nic's gotcha day, and Kensli's birthday didn't come around the same time of the year so I would have more energy to party!
5 comments:
Very cute! Your daughters are just beautiful. ;-)
Sounds like a way cool party! I love the photo of Kaitlyn holding Kensli. They are beautiful. I'm so sorry you have been under the weather. I am holding a little hot baby right now (Ella). She has a fevery cold too.
How fun! It makes me want to celebrate the Chinese New Year too!
Sounds like a wonderful celebration. I dont have an adoption group but would love to and would even be willing to travel for big holiday celebrations so if you do plan one let me know! :) Love the picture of the girls together :) So cute! I hate to be ignorant but as someday we may adopt from Vietnam I was wondering do they celebrate Chinese New Year or a vietenamese version of it?
You have beautiful children :)
Blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Tami, we will have to be sure and invite you all to anything we do! Also, in Vietnam call it Tet instead of CNY. It is celebrated much the same as CNY. Most people do not realize because CNY is all that is really ever talked about in the media.
Kayla
Post a Comment