Monday, October 27, 2008

Living in a "BOOT"


The other night we met someone that really didn't know us and our family history. He asked Nic where he was from. (I usually step in at this point and give a vague general summary of our family. This usually stops most questions and gets Nic off the hook, because he normally just stares blankly at the poor, mostly well-meaning individual. Not this time!!!!!)


Nic looks directly at the man and says, "Well, I was born in Guatemala, but I live here now," and then he smiles. (Way to go, Nic. Guess my answering for him days are over!!!!!)


Kensli was sitting next to Nicholas, and before the man could even ask her, she gets up out of her chair and says, "I was born in Chinas. Then, my mommy and daddy came and got me, and now I live in a boot!" (referring to the shape of our state)


There were no more questions after that!!!!

2 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Love the "boot"! Too funny!!!

berrypatch said...

Oh that is just too funny! ;-) I love the answers!