Monday, October 27, 2008

Family Weekend

It was Family Weekend this past weekend and we spent the entire weekend with church family at our District Campgrounds. It was so much fun and we are worn out today! I have posted some random shots of some of the fun!

Nic had a soccer game and he had his hair painted before going to the game. He thought he was so COOL and TOUGH on the soccer field. They lost their game, but he did not seem to notice. All he wanted to know after the game was if his hair was still painted. FUNNY!!!! Another boy on the team was at Family Weekend, too, and so with both of their hair painted they really got some attention. Nic ate it up!
TOUGH & COOL
Kensli dressed up for Verses for Treats.
(The shadow is me! UGH! She would not be still, so I guess I should just be thankful for the shot I got, shadow included!!!!!!)
LSU lost this weekend, but it didn't keep Kensli from making her daddy proud wearing her cheerleader outfit!

Verses for Treats is where the kids get to dress up, go to each camp, say a Bible verse, and get some candy. On the way to the 1st camp, I asked Kensli if she knew a verse to say and she said she did. I asked her to please share her verse with me and so this is what she said,
"Slide and slide and do the butterfly,
Dip and dip and shake my little hips,
I want you and you
to cheer up with me, too!"
Oh, my, all the time she has spent at a ballfield in her short little life was not a waste! Well, she ended up saying,"God is love!" Thank goodness I didn't let her go without checking on her verse first!
Check out her candy bag! Where she got the necklace I do not know! None of the camps were passing out necklaces!

Nic and Kensli walked several times in the Cake Walk for Missions! Nicholas finally got tired so he left! Kensli finally won a cake, but I wonder if it wasn't rigged. I think the one in charge felt sorry for her after awhile, and I am sure it helped her chances when she got upset.
Discussing which chair to sit in!


Kensli and Andrea and the cake Kensli won!
Andrea won the next time around.
HUM?
Wonder if they were feeling sorry for her, too?
On the way home last night Kensli asked where her cake was. I didn't have the heart to tell her someone gave it to the visiting missionary. I saw him walking to his cabin with it in his hand. I just told her someone ate her cake! (He is probably still eating it today!) She seemed ok with the answer and went back to digging in her candy!
Kensli and balloon hat!

When I tell you I did not see much of the two older kids, believe me! I do not have one picture of them from this weekend! ARRGH! It was the same last year with Ricky! Next year I am going to find them and make sure I get a picture of both of them! I will probably get some eye rolling and hiding from Mom and her camera!

5 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Love the green hair and the balloon hat!!! :) Looks like it was a very fun weekend!

Debbie said...

Kayla, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your family is beautiful. I read through some of your recent posts. I love reading about other adoptive families. I look forward to reading your blog in the future.
God bless!

Carla said...

You have a beautiful family. Just wanted to say hello from a fellow homeschooler and mom of six. Not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I am glad I did.

berrypatch said...

We just had a soccer tournament on Saturday but N did not go with the blue hair most kids were sporting. ;-) LOVE the all green hair! LOL And I really loved Kensli's "verse!" It looks like a really fun weekend.

Mommy Fowler said...

Hey! It is Ashley, Abi's Mom! Well we submitted our paperwork to Nachman so we will begin homeschooling next week. I am really scared and nervous and excited at the same time. My family is not very supportive but we will make it. Please pray for us!