Thursday, October 2, 2008

And All is Right with Our World.......

The economy is bad according to the experts. Toby has been really busy the last few days in the financial world and we heard today that two major restaurant chains have closed here in town. What is next? Our first reaction would be fear of what the future may hold, but today, as I sat pondering what was going on in the world around us and reminding myself that God is more than enough, I looked around me and realized something very important........my world was still OK! I have four beautiful kids and I am able to stay home and spend a lot of time with them daily! We are all healthy and busy pursuing the things that make us happy. We have food on the table and never go to bed hungry. As I sat and pondered all these things, I was so glad that I know a God that is always more than enough!!!!!!!

Here is a small glimpse into one of our homeschooling days! The weather has been so beautiful lately! The heat and humidity have gone for a few days. I love it when my kids can learn without being cooped up in a classroom or house.

We bought a bushel of sweet potatoes this year from a local farmer and they were very dirty. Here is Nic and Kensli cleaning the dirt off for me!

Just look how good they washed them!
Yum, we baked sweet potatoes for lunch!!!!!
Ricky did most of his independent work on the trampoline today! He is really enjoying studying American history this year. He is always sharing something interesting he has learned!
Kaitlyn working on her journal. She loves to write and enjoys keeping up with what happens daily!

2 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I often feel sad for those who don't know God. How do they get through difficult times? Your 4 blessings are beautiful! :)

Felicia

Tina said...

Love this post. At some point in everyday I feel overwhelmed. Every second of every day my God is more than enough! Tina