I've have posted in times past about Kensli's self-appointed boyfriend and the way she stalks the poor guy. This Sunday was no different! I even panicked at one point, because she disappeared and I finally found her sitting talking to Boyfriend. At most churches, you could scan the sanctuary and not have trouble spotting your child or you would figure you knew the people well enough to know your child is fine. Not our church, because with so many people in attendance (which is good) and our church, as pastor describes it is a hospital, it could put any parent in a panic. When I finally found her, she was not happy to even talk to me! Her attitude was like go away mom, can't you see I am trying to impress my boyfriend. My heart hurt! She is 3, going on 13!
This morning our conversation concerning blond haired Boyfriend went like this:
Kensli: "Mommy, Boyfriend is my best white boyfriend."
Me: "Do you have a dark boyfriend, too?"
Kensli: "Yes, Chris."
Me: "Chris is not dark. He is white like Boyfriend."
Kensli: "No he is not! He has dark, spiked hair!"
Me: "Oh, ok."
Sometimes the conversations with children in multi-cultural families do not always mean what is said about race or skin color. Children when raised to love people of all skin tones, do not always see differences based on the color of skin.
Our church sets a time for the first of the year to fast and renew ourselves in the Lord. This year, the three oldest participated in someway in the fast. They gave up sweets, red meat, and media for 7 days. I was so proud because they stuck with it to the end. They talked about it and what they were fasting so much that Kensli even said that she was fasting. If it was something she didn't want she would promptly remind you of the fast. Well, Saturday was the end of the fast and the 3 oldest where so happy! Kensli didn't want to be left out so she asked me, "Is the fast over?" I told her it was and she starts jumping around shouting, "Yeah, the fast is over!"
Then she stopped and looked at with her serious puzzled look and said, "If the fast is over, what do I get to do?" I got so tickled and she got mad, because laughing at Kensli is a cardinal no-no.
Yesterday, due to a very busy Sunday, we decided to have pizza for lunch. We go through the drive thru at Little Cesar's and order. The very polite young man at the window comes back and tells Toby that they are out of cheese bread and it would take 12 minutes before some was ready. Being in the hurry that we were in, Toby said, "Well just give me the regular bread with sauce. Wait, what size do you have?" The guy shows him the small bag and Toby says,"Give me three of the bags, and one thing of sauce." Now, Kensli must of been listening intently because she said,
Kensli: "Daddy, I know that you are the boss and everything, but I really need to tell you something."
Toby: "What, baby?"
Kensli: "If you keep ordering there won't any left for other people."
We laughed and she was mad!
5 comments:
I love when you post about Kensli. I'm thinking I'd love a little girl like her some day or would that be called "getting in over my head?" ;-) LOL
Love that girl! She is such a hoot! So glad you give us a glimpse into your day... priceless!
HA! Love it! Don't laugh at Vivian either, it "'barrasses me mommy". Kensli cracked me up when she was telling me about her birthday and I said: Oh, you are getting so old! She looked at me very unhappy and said, "I am NEW". Haha....so she is another year newer.
OH MY!!! That girl cracks me up!!! I love reading these posts!!!
Felicia
Hannah turned around to Nicki (from our church) and said "Hey, you're black"
We all started laughing. Like she just realized it.
We are having a music playtime on Friday's at our home. We would love for Kensli to come. It is kids from about 2-4 right now.
Please let me know.
Ashley
Post a Comment