Monday, January 19, 2009

Out THERE Somewhere

I logged on the computer this morning and realized that I have not post in several days! Whoa, not at all the norm for me, because we have so much happening around here all the time I could post several times a day!

Life has just been getting in my way lately!!!!!!!

Our church has been getting ready for Because of the Times, which is an annual ministers conference that draws ministers in our organization from around the world. In fact, yesterday we took care of a group from Norway, Germany, and Sweden for lunch. The couple from Sweden are staying with us, and I can honestly say, they have been some of the sweetest, most wonderful house guests we have ever had. She loves to cook and has been helping out in the kitchen some. It has been so much fun to laugh and talk with her while preparing a good meal. She said that she would like to prepare us a traditional Swedish meal before they leave at the end of the week. Hopefully we will have time!!!!


Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and for that I am extremely thankful! I am thankful for the changes he brought about in this country and for the opportunities afforded my children through his efforts! We will not be in the parade this year due to commitments with BOTT, but hopefully we will be back next year walking, reflecting, and making our on families memories on this day of remembering a great man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayla, Will BOTT be webcast? I think God is beginning to deal with me regarding adopting again. Will you help me pray about this? It is scary and I don't even know if Ron will go for it. We have 6 children and it seems impossible that another child could fit into our family as completely as has Ella but if God is in it I know it can happen! Blessings.

berrypatch said...

What a neat opportunity!