Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Little Trip Home


This morning early we loaded up and went to see these two wonderful people! We spent the day in the country enjoying the company of Mom, Granny, and Dad! Well, kind of enjoying Dad, because he was a little busy taking a nap, eating ice cream, riding the four wheeler, making several trips to town, and just generally making it very hard to get the kids to finish a couple of their school subjects that they needed to complete for the day! Before the day was over I was wondering why I even brought the schoolwork, but I am determined to finish up these subjects at a certain time and start something new. Mean old mom! :)

The weather was beautiful and there was lots to do and see! Mother is the world's best game player and will play Go Fish for hours! Of course, she cooks and we eat! As Kensli says, "Mam-ma, you wock!"

Granny fell and broke her shoulder over the holidays, but she is on the mend! The doctor said that it was a hairline fracture and to take it easy and she will be fine! We spent quite a long time today sitting, drinking coffee, and talking!

When I was young I couldn't wait to get away from home and see the big, wide world. Now that I am gone and have seen quite a lot of the big, wide world, I can truly say there is NO place like home!

3 comments:

berrypatch said...

What a great photo! It IS always nice to go home isn't it? ;-)

Debbie said...

What a fantastic photo....lovely ladies and those smiles...just wonderful!

And you are a mean old mom for bringing those school books along! LOL :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! It catches the essence of these two ladies perfectly!