Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just What AM I Saying?

****WARNING: This post may sound critical of my children, but that is not what is intended! This post, and all posts, are written with the sole purpose of giving you a small glimpse into our rather normal lives! ****

For the last two days around this house I have felt like one of the adults on a Charlie Brown cartoon. I open my mouth and all that my kids seem to hear is.....


"Whada wada whada, waaaw, wassa wadda wasasasa wada whada weewoo!!!!!"


Yesterday, I went up stairs, smelled matches or something burning, looked around, saw no fire, asked several children (3) who has been playing with matches, no one knew, found Nic, asked him about smoke smell, he says he did it (at least he was truthful), explained the danger of matches, noticed his eyes were glazed over, asked him what I said, he replies, "Matches make fire!"


I made cornbread for lunch and Kaitlyn asked if she can cut the cornbread. I replied, "No, not this time." Then Kaitlyn says, "Why? I can cut it really good. All you do is go this way, that way, and then this way! I have my knife! Are you ready for me to cut the cornbread?" I reply no again. I ask her to go tell her brothers lunch is ready, which she does by screaming up the stairs at them. During her screaming excursion, I go ahead and cut the cornbread. When she was through and came back in, she noticed the cornbread is cut and says, "Why did you cut the cornbread? I thought you said I could?"


Today, Ricky was ready for Math and he went upstairs to get his book and paper. At the same time, I go into the wash room to work on some laundry. While upstairs Ricky decided to ask me if he needed to bring an extra sheet down. I heard him hollering, but chose not to answer him, because I hate for them to holler questions at me! So, he comes down in a little while without his extra sheet and finds that he needs it after all. "Mom, you told me I didn't need this extra sheet!" Oh, really, I do not recall saying anything!


Maybe it is the weather, a phase, a sickness, or something that they have come down with! All I know is that it can't be ME!

Right?

I am not losing my mind, saying things I don't remember, going on and on about nothing,.................

wawawWAWA wada blah wha wha wha blah!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

terrible shame

Room for More said...

Is Anonymous being sarcastic? ; ) They must not be a homeschooling mother of a tribe. I know you aren't complaining, it is just one of those eventful days. You and I both know that many years from now that the house will be oh, too quiet!!

Hugs from TX,
Shannon

The Cook's said...

Oh trust me! Children of all ages have this filter programmed into them sometimes that causes them to hear things as opposite of what has been said... at least that's the only way I can make sense of it... we have those days quite often at our house... and by the way, I've never known you to be critical of your children. You're the best mom ever in my book!

Debbie said...

LOL...okay, I'm sorry, but your remarks resemble me and our brood. I used to think it was the language thing, but now I know it is just selective hearing. I also do not respond when the children are screaming from several rooms away. So much training yet to do. Hang in there...you are doing a great job!

berrypatch said...

Can I admit to giggling - just a little? ;-) Cause you know giggling is so much better than screaming like you've lost your mind. LOL Yup - sounds just like here a lot of times. LOL

Anonymous said...

:-D It makes you wonder, doesn't it? But, I have to admit, I do remember my mom saying: Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah.....