Life goes by so fast!!!! I have been meaning to post for several days now and somehow I haven't been able to find the time!
I will start with an update concerning my Spring Fever. My ant farm came in and we quickly set it up! The ants seemed a little distressed and I figure they were. They traveled SEVERAL miles and then I had to put them in the refrigerator to make them inactive to be able to pour them in the farm. After all they had been through, some of them died. We still have around 35 of the 50 ants I ordered. Once they settled in they have been VERY BUSY!!!! The following 2 pictures show just how busy they are!

Toby is back in Guatemala working on the water well project! He is very happy for what they are getting done this trip!
While he is gone, we have been able to visit my parents! The kids had a ball playing in the dirt, drinking coffee, eating cookies, flying kites, and fishing. The next few pictures are some of the ones taken while having fun at my parents house.
My parents plant a garden every year and dad has been getting the garden spot ready. It took a little convincing to get Nic to take his shoes off, but once he did, he loved the feel of fresh plowed dirt between his toes. Nothing like the cool soft feel on your bare feet!


The girls didn't need coaxing to get their shoes off. They love anything dirty and messy!!!!With all the warm days we have been having, Mom's fruit trees are blooming. In 3 days it seemed they put on leaves, as well as the blooms.

Ricky has spent a lot of time this spring fishing with my dad. They take the small boat and head out for the beaver ponds. These are creeks that the beavers have dammed up into ponds. These ponds are way back in areas that are not found on a GPS.
Here is the mess of bass they caught! Ricky is so proud after all the hard work!
Kensli is so funny with her random statements. After looking at the fish she said, "Fish don't scare me, I think!"
My grandmother lives next door to my parents and was an active part of my life growing up. She is a big part of my kids lives when we go for a visit! You can always count on coffee and cookies in the afternoons at Granny's.




March has come in like a lion and that means that it is kite flying weather! Mam-ma didn't disappoint the kids and had a kite waiting for them. They did a lot of running with the kite even though the wind was high. It was funny, but we couldn't seem to figure how to keep the kite up for long.
Surprisingly Kensli did better than anybody. Maybe she couldn't run as fast! :) 
Soccer season is back in full swing and we have started baseball season, too. With two in soccer for another month and the boys both playing spring baseball, we should be quite busy for the spring!

5 comments:
Wonderful days. It is so nice to see "spring" even though it hasn't hit here yet.
I so ditto Deb! ;-)
It looks like you are keeping very busy! I haven't had a chance to update my blog either. Maybe tomorrow. That seems to be my motto lately.
Loved the wonderful pictures!!! Okay, so did you name all of the surviving ants? AND I loved Kensli's comment about the fish. Too cute!!! How exciting for Toby. I want to go back to Guatemala myself. I would love to just live there and dive into the work that needs to be done there.
Felicia
What a precious family! I'm not scared of fish either...I think. And my grandfather used to give me coffee mixed with a LOT of milk :)
Terrye in FL
Love the pic's! Kensli is such a hoot... you just never know what she's gonna say... absolutely adore her... well, all of them!
Post a Comment