Saturday, January 15, 2011

There IS a Light at the End ~~ Day #43

Yesterday, I was almost at my breaking point with this whole remodel project. There were 10 people here working at anyone point in time. I have never heard such racket!!!! Yet, I was so glad to see so many people trying to get this job done.

We stayed last week at my mom's, but this week we had to stay here among the chaos. There were way to many decision to be made for me to be gone.

These pictures are random shots of things around here yesterday:

I seem to find the most interesting tools here and there in the oddest places.


What my sun room has looked like for several days now...they are painting the ceiling.
The fan that came in was not the right one, so we are going to have to reorder.


After the granite was installed, you could see what was behind the last back splash.
WALLPAPER, from the 80's.
So not the retro look I like!


New back splash....so nice!

My new round table...I am thanking the Lord for this blessing. I had been worried about the dimensions at first, but it actually looks smaller than the rectangular one that was here before.
It will seat 8, but we are only going to keep 6 around it for now.
We have a lazy susan ordered to go in the middle.


View of the stove, microwave, and new cabinet add on.

Tomorrow, the carpenter will put in the kitchen faucet and we will have a functioning kitchen again. I am so ready for some home cooked meals.

They have a few things to finish...example: the boys bathroom, but it is 75% finished at this point. It should be complete by Tuesday of next week. The painter still has a few days of work, but that will be done by the end of next week, too.

This is the new kitchen knobs that they put on yesterday.
When they started putting these on, it was such a relief.
Finally, the light at the end of a VERY LONG tunnel!

1 comment:

Room for More said...

Beautiful!! How exciting!!