Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Ray of Sunshine

I woke up this morning in not so good a mood! There is nothing that can put me in a bad frame of mind quicker than things left undone from the day before. It was the boys turn to load the dishwasher last night, which they did, but they didn't cut it on! UGGH! There are 3 loads of clothes to fold, that I just couldn't get to last night! Kaitlyn's music is scattered all over the hearth room. Nic is pulling his "poor, pitiful me" routine, because his favorite cereal is gone. So, the dark cloud over my head was mounting, with potential for thunderstorms later in the morning! I was in the laundry room starting a new load of clothes and probably frowning, grumbling, and mumbling to myself, when I hear a little voice say,

"Mommy, I am so glad I have you!"

I turn and there sits Kensli on the brick by the door, little feet swinging, just a smiling at me. Roll back the clouds, be gone the mumbling and grumbling, wipe away the frown, because my heart is now singing!

It's a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Cook's said...

Thank you, Kensli for teaching us again the power of the spoken word! The power of life and death are in the tongue... aren't children the greatest teachers sometimes? I love it!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I LOVE IT! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

berrypatch said...

Out of the mouth of babes...doesn't it always seem to work that way? Glad you had a bit of brightness added to your day.

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

It is amazing how one little smile, one little comment, one little hug or kiss can make an entire day!!!

Felicia