Friday, December 19, 2008

I HAVE ARRIVED

I have reached the peak of parenthood and I feel so honored today! You could not have given me an honor greater than I have achieved. I EMBARRASS MY OLDEST TWO CHILDREN IN PUBLIC!!!! :)

As most of you know we are taking a Spanish class and we really need someone to practice on other than ourselves. Well, the other day while waiting on Toby, an Hispanic family came by, so I thought we might practice a little. I proceed to roll down my window and let my children know of my intent at the same time. You should have heard the exclamations from the back seats! Needless to say, I rolled the window back up and let our opportunity pass on by, while all the while asking them what in the world was the matter. I got some eye rolling and they couldn't wait to tell their dad how embarrassed they were! HEEHEE!!!

Today, while Ricky was reading the paper (Yes, he reads the paper every morning faithfully. During the election you should have heard him discuss the candidates policies!), he came across an article where he thought the parent was about to embarrass her son. He turned to me and said, "Mom, is this what I have to look forward to with you and dad?" I told him it was and his response was, "I figured it was! GREAT!"

4 comments:

berrypatch said...

Congrats!!! ;-)

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Isn't it wonderful! Greg and I have embarassed David and Danielle on several occasions! Didn't mean to, of course (wink wink!)

Felicia

Mother of 5 Smooth Stones said...

Congratulations!!

I am waiting for my Lifetime Achievement Award for this! :-)

The Cook's said...

At school, Cam's teacher's car has a sticker on it that says "Embarassing My Children: A Fulltime Occupation"... this is a priceless blog... love it!