Tuesday, May 29, 2007

2 Year Old Blues

If any one has ever chased a 2 yr. old they know the sheer energy and will that they possess!!!!! Today was a very hectic day around the Brazzel house and Kensli was in top form. She would run from one mess to another without much respite in between. Also, she has been doing her non-eating routine for the last couple of days which makes her very grouchy. Finally, around 12 pm, I got very firm with her and forced the eating issue. After eating she became a different child.

Power struggles come in many different forms but I have never had one show up about food! My oldest three like to eat so the thought of not eating never entered their minds. Kensli is very smart and knows that not eating will push all buttons after awhile. You may be thinking that I should let it go and when she is hungry she will eat. Not so!!!! We have even had her lose weight which started the doctor talking about specialists. We do not need more issues! We already have one large enough with the PDA. So, I solved it the only way I know how...I'm bigger and meaner than you! Worked for today!

No comments: