Ricky is an easy child to homeshool! Give him a list of things to accomplish and you will not have to say another word to him. He reads all the time, desires to know things and works without question. I have to do little in the form of actual hands on! The perfect first born child!
This year, enter Kaitlyn, child number two! Kaitlyn does not fit the over achiever mold. She is very social and creative, but not motivated to "do" school! She loves art, crafts, cooking, playing, pretending, music and TV. She is very smart and can learn anything that is put to music very quickly!!!!!!
When I started this year of school, I put Kaitlyn in a very traditional homeschool curriculum. She struggled, fought, cried, begged, goofed around and did anything to get out of school for the day. Not a very successful year and I am very frustrated! Kaitlyn was giving daily speeches concerning how much she hated school! Not a favorite subject in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday, two wonderful homeschool moms came over and inspired me to stop dragging my feet and meet my challenges head on. After they left, I began soul seaching, digging and thinking about the direction we needed to take. I went to bed very troubled in my spirit. I prayed and asked for some direction concerning this situation. This morning when I got up, it was like the Lord impressed on me that, "I was going to have to enter a new level of commitment with homeschooling like never before. Kaitlyn will never be a boxed homeschool student! The road we will need to travel will be more hands on and take much more of my time. No longer can I sit on the fence saying,"I am a homeschooler," and not get dirty!" Am I up to the task? I hope so!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment