Our Little Sunshine
Thanksgiving just was not what I had in mind this year. I had big plans, but what are plans anyway? On Monday, Kamryn started running fever and by that night it was 105.7 before heading to the emergency room. I have never had a child run a fever that high and we were very concerned. We spent a horrible night in the ER. It took five hours to see the Dr and only after a friend got ugly with them. They had forgotten us. The next day I took her to the pediatrician and he did the things that they should have done in the ER and determined it was Roseola. We spent the week taking care of a very sick little girl and by Friday night the fever was gone and the rash had appeared.
Friday we celebrated with my family and Saturday with Toby's. It is good to have my brother and his family living back in our state. After 12 years, it was great to spend Thanksgiving with them and cheer LSU on to victory.
I am so grateful Thanksgiving isn't one day giving thanks, good food, or football. It is a year round attitude of gratitude. So, today I celebrate Thanksgiving and tomorrow I will, too. Even next June, when swimming and camps are all we can think about. Deep inside I always want a heart of thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment