Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Are They Trying to Kill Me?

It is still quiet this morning.  Except for the occasional bump from upstairs where hubby is getting dressed or the sound of my son sweeping around the backdoor, all are still snoozing.  I have such good intentions of rising early, waking my children, and getting our mornings started before 8 am.  I read other mom's blogs that really pull that off and I always wonder how.  Oh, we occasionally surprise even me, but that is rare.  I guess I should just realize we are not morning people, except for the hubby, which really makes me not like him much before coffee in the mornings.  Cue "morning person" talking on his phone while coming down the stairs....come on, the baby is still asleep.

Last night was one of those nights where I ended up sandwiched between two little girls, while my darling husband slept soundly snoring in happy bliss.  By 3:30 am, I had had enough of the snoring, kicking, squashing me and went and got in Kensli's bed.  I laid there forever, praying and hoping it would lull me back to sleep.  At 5 something I gave up and got up.  I sometimes wonder if they are conspiring to wipe me out by sleep deprivation.

Kensli seems to be dealing with some separation anxiety again.  It used to be really bad and was accompanied with night terrors, but now it manifests itself by coming and getting in my bed during the night.  I am grateful for what we have overcome, but will be so thankful for the day when she has doesn't have these fears.

So, I am working on my second cup of strong coffee, sitting quietly, trying to muster all the energy I can to get this day going.  We have a missions function at my house tonight.  Thankfully I am a night owl, so I will be catching my stride about the time of the party. (Several cups of coffee should help the situation,too.) Oh, and should the asteroid hit Earth tonight, I will be fully awake to watch, observe, and hopefully get out of the way!

No comments: