Tuesday, February 22, 2011

He Said WHAT?

Today was one of those days that made me wonder what in the world and where did that come from.  My very studious oldest son announced today that he has a new found hatred for Lang. Arts.  This is the child that LOVES school for learning sake.  He has such a huge curiosity to know and understand, that saying he hated something in school is next to swearing.  When this came from his mouth I felt blindsided.

 HE HATES A SUBJECT?
{gasp}

 Now, my oldest daughter at anytime during the day, week, month, or year can hate any or all of her subjects.  (If Ace had been like that I might would have just sighed instead of gasping.)  My two youngest students haven't reached the stage that hating a subject even enters their minds.  They just know that they really do not want to do said activity right now. 

So, when he opened his mouth and revealed the depths of his heart, I began to take a good look at just what we had been studying and analyzing what the problem might be.   I think I have found the problem, and I am working to fix what is wrong.  I am thanking the Lord this afternoon that we home school and can change our approach, curriculum, or daily structure to best suit our kids.  I would hate to think that he would be made to spend the rest of the year doing something that he hated so badly and probably not learning at all if he were in another situation.  

3 comments:

Room for More said...

I agree on all accounts! Excellent post!

berrypatch said...

Kudos to you for seeing it AS a problem and being willing to fix it. Yeah! ;-)

Jennifer @ Our Family Forest said...

I love this! I just love to see homeschool work so well! How exciting it is to find solutions! Well done mom!