I have never been awarded anything for my blog, and much to my surprise I was given a Stylish Blogger Award. Two blog friends Lisa at The Berry Patch and a new friend at The Family Forest gave me this award. A HUGE thank you to both of you.
The rules are rather straight-forward....
- Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
# 2 on the rules says to share 7 things about me and so here goes.....
1. I always try to have my camera handy at all times. I love taking pictures of my kids, pets, and just anything or anyone that will allow my camera to focus their way.
2. I drink one mug if coffee every morning or else you do not want to be around me. My hubby got me a Keurig for Christmas that I considered my own little piece of heaven on Earth.
3. I live and have lived in Louisiana all of my life. I am not Cajun, but I can make a mean Gumbo.
4. I love the beach!!! I believe I would go crazy if I didn't have at least one a weekend at the beach a year. The breeze seems to blow all my troubles away.
5. All 5 of my kids are adopted, and our family is made up of 5 different nationalities. We are an International Family. One of the strangest, yet humorous things, that has ever happened to us in regards to our family is when we were adopting Kensli the Chinese officials kept referring to our family as the U.N. At first I wasn't sure what to think, because I really was wanting to make a good impression. Then, I realized after awhile they were trying to be funny.
6. I love to read. As a kid I read everything I could get my hands on. Now as a homeschooling mom I try to read aloud to my kids daily. I want to instill the joy of reading in them!
7. My favorite time of the year, besides the Christmas season, is late spring and summer. I love long days and warm weather.
Passing it On
1. The Perpetual Renovators Blog if you like renovating or just watching someone else transform their house into a beautiful home then this is a blog for you. Also, this beautiful family is adopting from China.
2. The Cook Clan---I have know this beautiful lady for sometime now and her devotional writings are an inspiration to me. Her writings are well worth reading!
3. And Jada Makes 7--I met this lady through blog design. She has designed my blog the last three times it has been changed. Her proceeds go to help others adopt. Please check her out, but especially if you need a new blog look.
4. Room for More --I haven been reading this blog for quite sometime. She is now waiting for her 5th child to be born through embryo adoption. I am so excited for her and am enjoying being part of this miracle through her blog.
5. Till God Brings Them Home--There are so many good things I could say about this beautiful lady. Her life is full with two little boys adopted from Taiwan. Both of her little men have special needs. This blog will encourage and inspire you.
6. Mommy Fowler--Ashley is a dear friend of mine that is raising her growing family of 7 soon to be 8 in the most natural way she can. She is a cloth diapering, homeschooling, blueberry growing, stay-at-home woman of God.
7. From Louisiana 2 China--I have known this family for years and have watched their family grow through adoption. They are in the processes once more of adopting from China.
8. Steps of Faith--Another adoptive family's blog. They just made another big announcement on their blog.
9. The Huff's House--I met part of this family while in China. They have a daughter adopted from the same province as Kensli. We were in the same travel group. She recently wrote a post on adoption transition that is well worth the read.
10-15. If you have a blog and would like to have this award then feel free. Since I have never gotten an award, I am not sure if this is allowed to only post 9 blogs. I read a lot of blogs, but only feel comfortable giving it to 9. Sorry, if I broke the rules. Hope this does not mean I have to give back my award.
Please check out the blogs I did list and become a follower.
2. The Cook Clan---I have know this beautiful lady for sometime now and her devotional writings are an inspiration to me. Her writings are well worth reading!
3. And Jada Makes 7--I met this lady through blog design. She has designed my blog the last three times it has been changed. Her proceeds go to help others adopt. Please check her out, but especially if you need a new blog look.
4. Room for More --I haven been reading this blog for quite sometime. She is now waiting for her 5th child to be born through embryo adoption. I am so excited for her and am enjoying being part of this miracle through her blog.
5. Till God Brings Them Home--There are so many good things I could say about this beautiful lady. Her life is full with two little boys adopted from Taiwan. Both of her little men have special needs. This blog will encourage and inspire you.
6. Mommy Fowler--Ashley is a dear friend of mine that is raising her growing family of 7 soon to be 8 in the most natural way she can. She is a cloth diapering, homeschooling, blueberry growing, stay-at-home woman of God.
7. From Louisiana 2 China--I have known this family for years and have watched their family grow through adoption. They are in the processes once more of adopting from China.
8. Steps of Faith--Another adoptive family's blog. They just made another big announcement on their blog.
9. The Huff's House--I met part of this family while in China. They have a daughter adopted from the same province as Kensli. We were in the same travel group. She recently wrote a post on adoption transition that is well worth the read.
10-15. If you have a blog and would like to have this award then feel free. Since I have never gotten an award, I am not sure if this is allowed to only post 9 blogs. I read a lot of blogs, but only feel comfortable giving it to 9. Sorry, if I broke the rules. Hope this does not mean I have to give back my award.
Please check out the blogs I did list and become a follower.
2 comments:
You deserve it Kayla! BTW - I LOVE the new blog look and the new photos. NICE! ;-)
AH ha! So that is what you meant! It only took this blonde a few days to figure out what you meant by a blog award...lol...Thanks Kayla!!!
Post a Comment