Friday, August 7, 2009

Queen Melince & Her New Tea Set

Today was allowance day around the old home place and the kids had some money to spend. After a lot of sweet talking on their part, they persuaded me to take them to T*rget. Taking kids anywhere that has many choices is not an easy task, especially if they are going to chose the one perfect item. We spent an hour or so going up and down the aisles. Finally, all choices were made and we came home.

Kensli chose the prettiest little tea set that I have seen in a long time and it is completely kid friendly. Oh, and it is partly PINK! That is the only criteria that Kensli is concerned with most of the time!

After we got back home, she wanted to have a tea party. She informed me that she was Queen Melince and she needed Teacake cookies and tea. So, yes, I made her some cookies, but I substituted chocolate milk for tea. Since, I was going have to participate, I would rather have the milk with cookies.

Somehow during all the setting of the table and getting ourselves all ready to eat, Kensli spilled the entire pitcher of chocolate milk on me, the floor, and her feet. After cleaning us all up, I poured another pitcher and the party began!


My cup and saucer.
She used the pink cup!

"A Teacake Cookie"
It is really called a Teacake, but Kensli says that it isn't a cake!
She always has to add the word cookie to the end!
Guess it just doesn't makes sense to her any other way!

During the tea party, Queen Melince was not happy with the way Kaitlyn was acting!
So, she told her that she was "banishing her from the party!"
Yes, she used the word banish!!!
Kaitlyn the Banished

Nicholas the "Banish-ter"

Queen Melince then called for the "Banish-ter" to come and drag Kaitlyn away!


Nicholas was not cooperative, so Queen Melince chased him around the kitchen. He never did drag Kaitlyn away! Even with all the confusion, we had such a lovely time!

Tea party is over, and she is now playing "poker" and throwing the chips around the room! Guess I better go and see that all the mess gets cleaned up!!!!!!

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Love it! It sounds like you all had a great time! ;-)