Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good Old "PP&J"

How do you get a 4 year old to eat?

I am so tired of trying to force food down my little peanut! I try not to allow it to become a power issue, and I really do not think it is one! I really think she just doesn't like the thought of sitting and eating! Such a waste of her time and energy! Anyone that knows Kensli, knows that she is in constant movement!

This week she has discovered peanut butter and jelly! YEAH! She has never liked it until now!

Last night she would not eat her dinner of baked chicken, peas, smothered okra, and cornbread! About 9 pm she said she was "stahvin" and wanted a bedtime snack! I asked her what she wanted to eat and she said, "Mommy, I want some PP&J!"

PP&J?????

I kept wondering why she was referring to it as PP&J, and not PB&J. Then I realized that we use P*ter P*n peanut butter and that it has two p's on the jar! Now we know she recognizes her alphabet!

She ate a half of a sandwich! Maybe if she will keep liking PP&J, she will gain a few pounds!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Post made me smile! Here's to PP&J.

berrypatch said...

If she decides she likes it, she can come up north for a visit anytime. That's pretty much ALL my boys will eat - seriously....

EmmaS said...

Kensli has good taste. Peanutbutter was my favorite when I was a kid and it still is! We make sure to bring home real peanut butter from the US every time we go there since we can't get a hold of the real thing here in Sweden.

Love and miss you all!