Saturday, December 13, 2008

A New Look at Africa

Today, I came across a fellow CHI family's blog. They had adopted from Africa and I was admiring the beauty of her children, when I spotted a little box in the top corner of the blog. Interested I clicked on the box and found this amazing video! I have never seen Africa portrayed in such a light! I have been to Africa and I have seen the poverty, the despair, and the hunger! Yet, I saw people from all over Africa come together and worship the Lord with such happiness, abandonment, and joy in the week that I was there. I was moved to tears at my own greed, unthankfulness, and spoiledness(if there is such a word). I am ashamed that sometimes I gage my happiness on what I have! Help me, Oh, God, to take what I have seen and apply it to my every day life. Circumstances to not dictate my joy or happiness!

Please turn off music player before watching video.


2 comments:

berrypatch said...

Hmm...I can't find the right word. Thanks for sharing that. Thought-provoking. That's it. I liked it.

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Powerful!