You just never know what Kensli is going to say or ask! Many people have been on the receiving end of her comments or conversations and not known how to respond! I think the conversation I overheard the other day took the cake on humor and embarrassment at the same time. We are an adoptive family, so my younger kids do not realize that families are made in any other way but adoption. Before I continue, let me say that Kensli has a self-appointed boyfriend that is somewhere between 20 & 25 years old and has recently gotten engaged! Thankfully they are sweet people and love Kensli, so no charges have been filed in the 1st ever case of a 3 yr old stalker!
(If anyone reading this knows him, please don't rib him, bless his heart he was really caught off guard! Boyfriend's name has been omitted to protect the truly innocent!)
Kensli: "Boyfriend, can I ask you sumpin'?"
Boyfriend: "Sure!"
Kensli: "When did your momma get you?"
Boyfriend: "What?"
Kensli: "When did your momma get you?"
Boyfriend(with a puzzled tone): "When did my momma get me?"
Kensli: "YEP!"
Boyfriend: "When I was a baby."
Kensli: "OH, so where did you come from?"
Boyfriend: "What?"
Kensli: "Where did you come from?"
Boyfriend: Dead Silence
(I was in another room and I couldn't see his face, but I imagine he was starting to turn a little red! I step in at this point!)
Me: "She is talking about adoption. When were you adopted and where were you born!"
Boyfriend: "Oh!" and then dead silence again.
Kensli: "Where did you come from?!"
Me: "Kensli, he was born from his mommy's tummy at the hospital!"
Boyfriend: "Yes, that's right!"
Kensli: "OH, Boyfriend, can I ask you sumpin' else?"
Boyfriend (weakly): "Yes, Kensli."
Kensli: "What are you doing?"
5 comments:
She is a hoot!!! Never a dull moment with her around, huh! Tell Toby we're praying for a safe trip. I'll pray for all of you as well. I always hate it when Greg travels.
Felicia
Oh.my.gosh...too funny! I love how kids minds work.
How precious!! What a darling, intelligent little girl you have there!
LOVE IT!!
Love that she makes him speechless!! Not many people can do that
Post a Comment