Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Greatest Christmas Pageant EVER

Last night was our church's Children's Christmas Play. The children's department worked so hard and tirelessly to make sure it was an event worth remembering! Anyone that can get that many children to perform and act good for an 1 1/2 to 2hrs has my admiration any day. We attend a church that has around 3000 in attendance, so there was a lot of children in the play! Our 3 oldest kids were in the production and I must say that is was absolutely darling!!!!!!!!

Ricky was in the Air Strikers Band! It was made up of a large group of older boys and they played 5 gal. paint buckets! They did an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had a portion of the show that used black lights and performed a song in sign language. The group that was made up of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders did a fabulous job! It is amazing what children this age can do!!!!!!!! The picture turned out a little blurry, due to my problems with taking pictures in the dark, but you can get a good idea what they are doing!

Last was the play, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Kaitlyn and Nic were in this performance. Kaitlyn was Beverly in the angel choir and Nic was a baby angel. The kids did one of the best performances I have ever seen of this play.
Kaitlyn, as Beverly, singing her heart out.

At the very end of the play the baby angels came out on stage and sang along with the choir. Nic was the cutest angel I have ever seen. He had trouble keeping his halo up!




Now, be truthful, isn't he adorable?
The baby angels had been up there a few minutes and Toby asks me what is wrong with Nic's socks. I look and Nic has a hole in his socks and his big toe is sticking out. Every one around us could see his toe clearly and they start laughing! I got so tickled my sides were hurting. It didn't help that he kept wiggling his toe up and down, while standing perfectly still without a smile or singing. When he was dressing for the play that evening he had shown me these "cool socks" that he could poke his toe out of the end. I told him to change them, but obviously he didn't. Yes, we got several tips on where to find socks on sale after the play was over. :)

Toby tried to get a picture of his feet. He is the middle set of feet and there's the toe.


Our adorable, "HOLELY", little angel!
This will probably be the only year he will ever agree to wear such an outfit!

After the play, Kensli and her friend H. were glad to see one another.
The nice part about this friendship is they live a couple of blocks from us and H.'s older sister is really good friends with Kaitlyn.


H.'s older sister A., who was Imogene in the play, and Kaitlyn.
A. is a born actress! She did an AWESOME job in the play.
No wonder they are such good friends!

7 comments:

Mommy Fowler said...

THIS is my favorite post ever!! I had SO much fun last night! Kaitlyn is such a ham! She just fits right in with our family!

Just how wonderful will it be watching these 4 little girls grow up together....Oh the days that are ahead of us.

berrypatch said...

That was SO cute - all of it! I wish our church did this. They did do a play one year but that was a couple years ago. And no, I'm not doing it! ;-) It certainly looks like everyone had a blast!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

The socks cracked me up!!! :)


Felicia

Mother of 5 Smooth Stones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother of 5 Smooth Stones said...

I truly enjoy your blogs. I am Andrea Warren's mother, and she is the oldest of 5. We were also a home schooling family. So your blogs bring back such precious memories!

I loved the sock story! Reminded me of when we had been in church for about a year and I was in the hospital 6 weeks in premature labor with the 3rd child. Andrea, then 4, insisted she wear her favorite dress to church each time. And Dad, being a dad, did not argue with her. Imagine my surprise when Sunday School and Children Church teachers sent boxes and bags of dresses over! Later I scorched that dress when ironing it, and to this day, Andrea insists I did it on purpose and ruined her "ugly brown dress."

Then one night when Douglas was about 6, Bishop Sartin had all the kids join him in running around the church in praise and worship. He noticed Doug kept bending down to pull up his socks. He stopped him, and in the mic said,"You need some spats for those socks, son?"

Doug replied, "I dunno, sir! But these are my dad's socks. I could not find any of mine clean!"

As the church roared in laughter, I was begging God to put me on my face in prayer under a pew!

The Cook's said...

That was absolutely the best children's Christmas program I've ever been to! They all did such an incredible job! Love that you put some pics up of that wonderful night!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Wow! That must have been an amazing night to sit and watch your children up there! :) I LOVE the holey sock! :) what a cute little toe! :) That will now be a Christmas memory that goes for years and someday you will tell his wife and kids! :) heehee :) Your children are just beautiful! :)

hugs Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com