Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rummage Sale Treasure

Children do not need fancy toys t0 have fun! I have found that the box is more fun than the present! My four kids have all kinds of toys at home; but on a regular basis I hear, “We have nothing to do!” At this point I usually suggest some sort of job and they scatter.


My mother and dad live in the country about an hour’s drive away, and we go to visit often. My mom is a rummage sale nut!!! She is always going to sales and finding used toys for my kids to play with. They will play with these new/old toys for hours! The most current attraction is an old slide that has to be tied to a tree in order to be steady enough for them to slide down without it falling over! At home they have a barely-used, three-year-old slide that is not tied to a tree and is even higher than the one at Mam-maw’s house. If they get on their slide at home once a week, we are setting a record. Yesterday my six-year-old said, “This slide is so much fun! I wish we had one like this at home!” What? We spent around $500 and an entire weekend constructing their backyard jungle gym, and all we had needed to do was buy a junky slide and some rope!! See you at Saturday’s rummage sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: