Patience has never been one of my virtues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Bible tells us that tribulation works patience which is something that I DO NOT like to think about!!!! I have spent my fair share of patience working days in my life and want to think that I have learned! I am sure that time will tell!!!
Today, CHI (our adoption agency), announced that only 2 days worth of referrals came out this month. They are still processing Oct. 2005! We were April 2005 and we have been home over a year with Kensli! That is a true test of patience!!!!! At the present, this announcement does not effect our family in any way but my heart goes out to the families that it does effect!!!
Someone sent in this quote and I think it gives the best example of patience I have ever heard! Let me put it to good use in life!
"Patience is a hard discipline. It is not just waiting until something happens over which we have no control: the arrival of the bus, the end of the rain, the return of a friend, the resolution of a conflict. Patience is not waiting passively until someone else does something. Patience asks us to live the moment to the fullest, to be completely present to the moment, to taste the here and now, to be where we are. When we are impatient, we try to get away from where we are. We behave as if the real thing will happen tomorrow, later, and somewhere else. Let's be patient and trust that the treasure we look for is hidden in the ground on which we stand."
–Henri J.M.Nouwen
No comments:
Post a Comment