We have been on the road since Sunday morning, and I find it much harder to blog while on the road. We are staying in Clearwater, FL for a couple of days and hope to visit a local zoo today.
I am thankful for many things right now, but especially for a delay and we have not made it to Guatemala yet. Yesterday they had a 7.5 earthquake that did some minimal damage to the missionaries houses. Thankfully the orphanage was not damaged. If we had gone with out original plans, we would have been in country for only about 6 days and I am not sure I want that as part of our welcoming committee. I am praying for the people and our churches in Guatemala.
Schedules are so messed up right now. Homeschool things are packed and we have not been anywhere in the last few days long enough to justify pulling it all out. I am praying that once in Guatemala we will settle into a routine and get a lot accomplished.
After we get to Guatemala, we will have 9 days to figure out Thanksgiving. Seems that, since we are the new kids on the block, we will be hosting Thanksgiving at our house. This should prove very interesting, since I have NEVER shopped in Guatemala for anything, much less a Thanksgiving feast.
Patiently waiting, but READY TO GO!!!!!
1 comment:
Well I would bring dessert if I were able to make it there.
Penny
Post a Comment