We saw so many animals and one of the best animals to watch were the rhinos. They chased each other around and around playing and terrorizing three zebras that were sharing their habitat. One of the grossest and interesting things that they did was poop in the exact same spot one behind the other. I am not sure what that was all about, but it was definitely INTERESTING. My kids stood glued to the action, until the smell hit them.....it was time to move on.
One of the first things my youngest three spotted where the kiddie rides. Poor Kaitlyn, she gets stuck riding rides with Kamryn because she can get in places someone with longer legs can't. She is such a good sport, but today I think we pushed her limits with a ride. She was getting on the kiddie train and the roof of the car about took her head off. Seems that we may have to retire her riding privileges. Guess Nicholas will have to step in and be the designated rider.
The Bad, Bad, Kiddie Train and Kaitlyn enjoying their time together.
Look at the smile on my little girl's face.
I really wished I had gotten a picture of one of the kids petting this llama named Angie. All of the them where somewhat scared of her. Kaitlyn really didn't help the situation by announcing, "I think that thing is about to spit," as we were waiting to go in the petting zoo. No one wanted to get near Angie and her spit.
Kamryn loved this goat, because it was just her size. She kept petting and loving on him, until she decided to give him a big bear hug. He was NOT impressed and butted her ever so slightly in the stomach. It wasn't hard, but he got his point across. Kamryn came flying to me, saying over and over, "He mean!" She didn't hug any more goats after that.
Toby named this goat EARL and spent the entire visit to the petting zoo brushing him. Not sure about this, but the goat loved it
We have two ways of thinking in our family, either "I HATE BIRDS" or "I LOVE BIRDS". I am in the love them camp. Kaitlyn, on the other hand, is the main HATER. She has been known to leap on top of my head to get away from a bird, so today was a MIRACLE.
LOVE BIRDS
Kaitlyn was VERY BRAVE and overcame her fears to hold and feed a bird. The girl that worked in this exhibit was very patient with her and showed her how to hold them, blow the hulls from the seeds, and how to get them to come to her without scaring her to death. I am so proud of my girl. We MAY have another bird lover in the making.
Last week we were at Toby parent's house and Kamryn saw the horses running in the pasture. She wanted to go ride one and was upset when we told her she could not. She was so excited when she realized she could ride a pony. She kept telling Kensli and Nicholas that she was, "FUST!"
Our EXCITED Pony Rider
Beautiful Kensli Ready to Ride
Cowgirl Kensli
Nicholas taking his ride.
Several weeks ago, when we were in the area, we went to Busch Gardens and fed the giraffe. You had to be five years old to ride the safari truck to the feeding area. I can understand their rules, because you had to ride standing up in the back of the truck. Today when I realized she could feed a giraffe I was so excited for her. As you can see, by the look on her face, she loved the experience.
Look at the happy girl.
We have never been anywhere that you could ride a camel. This was a nice treat for the kids. Check Kaitlyn out, she is riding with Kamryn AGAIN! Guess the camel didn't poop, kick, or do some other disgusting thing, because she has a smile on her face.
Camel Riding....we just need Pyramids.
Naturals and Smiling Kaitlyn
Sisters
Fresh air, lovely weather, warm sunshine, and wonderful experiences made this a perfect day!







1 comment:
Love the pics. Way to go Kait. Zoo looks like so much fun.
Penny
Post a Comment