Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life According to Kensli

We just began our 21 Days of Sacrifice with our church.  Leading up to the 21 days there has been much discussion about fasting at our house.  Here are a couple of Kensli's ideas about fasting.

Kensli: "Daddy, I am fasting."
Toby:  "What are you fasting?"
Kensli: "Being mean."
Toby:  "Well, that's good."
Kensli:  "Yeah, but I'm not fasting beating up a couple people!"

Kensli told some dear friends of ours that on the 21 Days of Sacrifice she was going to fast chocolate because she didn't like it anyway.

*******************************

The other day while we were driving across town she loudly informs, "Mom, I think I need to get a tattoo."  Oh, my!  Thankfully she was referring to the tattoos and stickers they give out at the Dr.'s office.

******************************

The other day we got a mini van as a rental while our Suburban was being worked on.  She fell in love with the thing.  She told my friend the other night when she rode in their mini van that she LOVED mini vans.  Today while driving to the store, she told Nicholas that we were going faster than a rocket, faster than a plane, but not faster than a mini van.

******************************
My grandmother has had a couple of falls lately.  The last fall, bruised her face very bad.  We went to visit while she was still all bruised and Kensli was very disturbed about what had happened to her.

Also, being the mother of 5 sometimes my daily prayer time is on my feet on the go.  I pray anywhere and anytime.  Driving, cooking, washing clothes, etc., it is not strange to hear me all of a sudden start praying.

One day last week something came to mind that I needed to pray for, so I asked the Lord to take care of the situation.  Never missing a beat when I was done, Kensli pipes up from the back seat of the suburban, "Lord, help Granny not to fall flat on her face again.  She looked like she was in a dog fight and a bull fight."  I couldn't help it, she makes me laugh!  I bet the Lord got a chuckle out of that one, too.

No comments: