Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rock Candy, Ferris Wheel, and..........

As a home school parent, I am always looking for ways to facilitate learning outside of a textbook. This Christmas Kaitlyn was given a Tasty Science kit and she couldn't wait to get started. She decided that Rock Candy would be her first experiment. She followed the directions, with a only a little help from me, and enjoyed her candy after several days! Yeah! Science without a textbook!


Ricky received an Erector set this year! I had been wanting to get him one for a couple of years, but he just didn't seem ready! This year it was a perfect gift! He followed all the directions by himself and built this battery operated Ferris wheel! Loving this "no textbook" form of learning!!!!



Here is a...........

just because they are so cute picture!!!!

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

I love the last photo & I agree - hands-on science is the best! ;-)