I ache with an awareness of human suffering most of us cannot and never will understand! Haiti is on my heart today! The orphans that were orphans before the earthquake and the newly formed orphans. Toby left for Haiti the Thursday after the earthquake to help in the assessment of the churches, bible school, and headquarters compound for our organization! To hear him tell of the devastation is worse then the images on the news to me. To hear him speak of the children is heart wrenching!!!!
I want to help! I research and become angry at what I hear and read! I am sick of organizations that say they want to help the children and all they do is thwart the process in many countries! An orphan before the earthquake is now a much more needy orphan now! I have been contacted by numerous families that would take a child in for foster, yet we wait to see what our government has to say! I am not advocating going along the street picking up children, just bring out the ones that were already in orphanages!!!!
A team will leave Wed. with C.S.I. to help and pave the way for more medical teams. I am thankful for what my husband was able to do and what he is involved in to bring relief to the victims of Haiti! Yet, it does not seem to be enough!!!!! I'm glad there will with more relief work, but still............
I hope, research, contact people, advocate, cry, pray, and hurt deep down inside for all those that wait in HAITI!
No comments:
Post a Comment