I was already feeling very down the other day, when Toby called me to see a virtual pond in our front yard! The line from the main meter and the house had broken, it would have to be repaired pronto and that we were really in need of re plumbing the entire house! All I could think of was how much is it going to cost us! We have braces to pay for, Christmas to buy, we just received bad news on the job front, and my mind just went on and on! I sat down in my chair and begin to weep and pray! Honestly, I can't say that it was the most powerful prayer, more like a grumbling one! About that time Ricky came into the room and said, "Mom, what is the matter?" He was very concerned because this was not the norm! We are honest and open about things the family is facing, but tend try to keep it up beat and positive! For some reason I just laid it all out for him! When I got through, he looked and me and said, "OK, why can a little lady in China, Africa, or Central America, that needs food, believe and the next day it is on the door step? Why can a missionary need money, pray, and the next day a check arrives? If it happens for them, why can't it happen for us? Why are we so different here in America?" I replied, "We're not any different. We have just learned out how to survive without needing to believe for everything, I guess!" He said, "Well, sounds like we need to start believing around here for everything!" Why can't I be more like him, I thought! The rest of the day, I thought more and more on believing! My prayer changed!!!!!!!
The next day, Toby walks in and tells me that his job situation was resolved on his behalf without a problem! This was just the first! This weekend we had a family here that will be joining us as our music leaders for the Spanish services! She is fluent in Spanish and plays the keyboard! Thank you, Jesus!!!! We have been praying for months over that request! Also, our pipe is fixed and we can wait awhile on the rest of the plumbing problems! God is so good!!!
I am not going to drag my feet anymore! I know what God has spoken to me and I know that He will in time fulfill His promise! There is a lady that has so inspired me that I am almost ashamed to admit, even in adoption, I sometimes lack the faith I need to see Him work! So, looks like we will adopt again, just not from the country that I had originally thought! I am now saying yes to another miracle from a country that I have never really wanted to commit to, but that God has been dealing with me about for some time!!!! No longer am I going to be concerned with what people will say! Yes, there will be 5 kids!!! No, it will not be easy all the time!!!! I know how old I am!!!!!! Yes, it will be more love and miracles!!!! Right now I am not even sure, when we will start!!!!! Just watch out, because.......
I am BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
WOW! Thanks for sharing that! Believing is so hard so much of the time and it is hard to NOT look with earthly eyes. Thanks for saying I inspire you, wow! Of course nothing more I like ot hear than that another child will have a family! :) And what better family than YALL! A lucky little one :) PLEASE SHARE about what country! I am so excited :) Thank you too for linking back to my blog. I am praying folks will come and find out about us and Jeremiah and that they will PRAY. The more prayers the better :)
Big hugs,
Tami
This touched me so much today. Thanks for sharing this Kayla.
I love you Kayla and I am praying for you and that fantastic family of yours! Be encouraged! We are just one of the many families that cannot wait until the Brazzel gets here!
You are so wonderful and I LOVE you!!
the *next* Brazzel gets here...oops (so much for an inspiring comment, I cant even type right! haha!)
Post a Comment