Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scary Nut Saga Continues

I took Ricky to the doctor yesterday and he has referred us on to an allergist on the 23rd! He also prescribed us an epipen pack to taken with us every where we go! Now I am trying to figure out what he can eat! I didn't realize how much stuff contains or is processed around nuts! Well, from what I have found so far, Ricky and I can't eat the same things! This is a blessing!

What I have learned so far:
  • Read all labels.
  • Large name brands are better at posting allergens in their products.
  • Cross contamination is probably the most dangerous. You will not know that they are there until you eat the food.
  • Some of the strangest foods are processed on machines used to process nuts.
  • Domino's Pizza is nut free according to their site. May call to make sure!
  • Restaurants will be the hardest thing to try to figure out! Back to the unknown cross contamination!

I am sure this list will grow drastically in the next few weeks as we try to navigate our way through this new adventure that life has handed our way!

No comments: