As the old saying goes, "Sometimes you step in it, sometimes you don't!" This week was one of those weeks where we stepped in it and tracked it everywhere.
The Burglary
Tuesday night, Toby came in around 11 pm from Shreveport very tired! He headed inside to eat and go to bed without bringing his laptop or phone with him! That night around 12 a.m. we heard a car alarm but thought it was the neighbors. The next morning we found out we had been wrong! The window had been broken out and his new laptop and blackberry were gone. Boy, did he learn a lesson the hard way!
Thankfully both items stolen were insured, so we will have help in getting new ones. Toby is now sporting a new phone, which works better with his company, and we are waiting on his computer to get here. So, we are a one computer family right now! I feel so disconnected to the world! Law Suit Filed
We are being sued! I can't really share details until the case is closed, but for those that live around here and possibly saw our names in the paper, everything is fine! We are being sued to get to someone else that did work for us! I'll share details when possible!
Almost Rocket Science
A few weeks ago, Toby start putting together a swing set for the two little ones! It is amazing how much like rocket science putting something together like that can be. If they would just label or number the boards!!Toby is quite handy with tools, but I think he could have built it from scratch faster!

Look at all the boards!

Studying those blooming directions!
Finished Product!!!
Nicholas and Kensli have really enjoyed playing on it so far. It keeps them off the trampoline so the older two can jump!
My New Doctor and Good News
I announced a few months ago that I had Crohns and the struggles that I was going through! Well seems that I may have been misdiagnosed! Saw a new Dr. this week and he said that regardless of what went on or is going on, I do not show signs of being a Crohns patient. The tests that the other doctor took were inconclusive and not enough to say for sure what it was. The Dr. started taking me off the medicine this week. I will probably have to take somemore tests to be sure, but am thankful that I have found a new Dr. that seems to be listening. Please help us pray that the doctor is right and I am healed of whatever it was that was causing me problems.
House on Fire?
I was sitting out in the backyard in the swing yesterday, when sparks and smoke started flying from the wires that brings the electricity to the house. I called Toby, who came running, with an electrician, to see what was the matter! The city had to be called and the wiring replaced. Thankfully I was outside and saw it, because the house could have burned down.
Breaking Up
Kensli has been infatuated with a 20 something year old guy in our church for almost a year. Today he married a beautiful young lady that Kensli knows and likes, too. Kensli decided a few weeks ago that she was going to break up with him since he was getting married. When Kensli found out the wedding was today, she cried. Then, she asked me if M. and B. were going to get a house, a dog, and a fish. When I told her probably at some point, she replied that M. just couldn't be her boyfriend anymore! I do not know where she gets all of her thoughts and ideas!!! (Her older siblings are still not interested in girls or boys!) I dread when she gets older and.................!
4 comments:
Burglary - YIKES! So glad it was all insured though.
Swing set - YIKES again! LOL Isn't it amazing how many little pieces are needed some stuff like that?? It looks like a lot of fun though!
So glad you saw a new doc. Sometimes it really pays to get a 2nd opinion. Will pray they find out what's going on.
Fire - Oh.my!!! So glad you were able to catch that. One of my biggest fears is loosing our house to fire. It's so final.
I so want to meet Kensli some day!!! ;-)
What a week is right! I'm so glad everyone's ok (fire & burglary...wow!). So excited about your good news! We've been claiming healing for you!
Kensli is a hoot! So much older than what she really is! :) What a week, huh! Well, this one will surely be better! :) I send up an extra prayer for all of you! :)
Felicia
Yes she told me this week that she was not happy that M got married! Hahaha
Post a Comment