When we arrived at the plantation, Toby was whisked away by the wedding coordinator who was looking for the preacher. We, the other 5 of us, were aloud to wander around the gardens looking for photo ops and of course beautiful flowers, water falls, fish ponds, secret gardens, and old, old oak trees that have branches that touch the ground. Even found a large, ceramic rooster in the gift shop, like I have been hunting for forever, that I am going back to get!!!!!
Now for a glimpse at the wedding from my camera's point of view............



Since I don't post many pictures of my handsome, oldest son, I thought that I would share this one! He was the one who was the most into taking pictures!!!!!
This arch and gate reminded us so much of Greece and all the lovely gardens we saw there!


A very large blooming Mimosa Tree
I haven't seen one of these trees this big since I was a kid!!!!
Exploring the plantation house.
Toby and Chris, the groom, were waiting in the house, shooting pool!
Here Comes the BRIDE!!!

The wedding was on the front steps of the Houmas House!

A cute wedding attendee!
The wedding program.
After the ceremony, the bride and groom walked around to the back of the house to the tune of A Louisiana Saturday Night. It was so funny and appropriate, because is was definitely a warm, humid Louisiana Saturday Night.
Eventually the front door opened and there stood Tabitha and Chris welcoming us in for the reception. During pictures, the guests were treated to gumbo, bacon wrapped shrimp, tuna, and crab cakes. YUM! The kids dug right in!!!!

The Gumbo was a little spicy and Kensli decided to stick with just rice.
Finally, the pictures were over and the reception began. The bride and groom entered to the LSU Tiger's fight song! (The Tiger's won last night!)
There was all sorts of good food from duck to fried catfish. Kaitlyn was a little disappointed that there were no finger sandwiches, but she managed to find something she liked!
The kids loved watching the dancing. We didn't get to stay long, because of church this morning, but I did get a picture of the first dance!

Congratulations Tabitha and Chris!
As we left the wedding, you could here faint music from somewhere and a chorus of frogs sending us off into the night. The moon was full and shining on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and it was a beautiful night to be alive!!!!!!
6 comments:
Great photos! I would have so taken advantage of being there to snap some pics!! In fact, I did that last weekend at my nephew's 1st birthday party at just my SIL's house! ;-) Your kids are beautiful! It looks like it was a wonderful time.
Great pics! I love the one of the kids from behind as they walk forward... absolute beautiful! What an awesome place!
beautiful photos! sounds like a dream wedding!
Yeah Mom!!! Always have that camera ready :) And who doesn't love a bridge?
Terrye in FL
Great photo Op...the scenary is beautiful...you are truly blessed with beautiful children.
beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment