Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Conversations with Kensli

Here are a few conversations I have had with Kensli lately..........

While I was in her room packing for vacation.
Me: "Kensli, have you seen your sandals?"
Kensli as she wanders out of the room: "No."
Me as Kensli comes back in the room: "Kensli, have you seen your sandals?"
Kensli as she wanders back out of the room: "No."
Me as she comes back in the room: "Kensli, have you seen your sandals?"
Kensli: "Oh, for crying out loud! I have no idea where they are! Would you please quit asking me that question!"

She really knows how to put things into words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother loves to teach the kids songs that she thinks are funny. A few songs back she taught them a song about the devil, a tussle and winning the fight. Kensli really picked up on fighting the devil. She will go around the house singing about loving Jesus and hating the devil. So, while we were in FL we rode the resort tram everyday to the beach. For our family just getting on the tram brings stares and questions because of our diversity. We were sitting there riding along, having gotten through the initial questioning looks segment without a question or comment, and Kensli hollers out, "I HATE THE DEVIL! HE HAS BABY POWERS!" The bus goes silent and people are really looking at us! I wanted to crawl under the seat! I am going to have a BIG talk with my Mom!

She loves hugs! Her latest thing is to ask for a "big, squashy hug!" I just loves those kind of hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kayla, this one made me laugh out loud!!!