Last year I worked with Nicholas on some school related things, but waited until this year to put him in a formal phonics program. He is so excited!
You can't do anything without Kensli! She loves life and gives any activity her all. I knew that trying to teach Nicholas to read this year without including her would be a catastrophe, so I ordered her all the materials, too. Yesterday, was the 1st day and she was ready to go. We went over our letter, colored, painted, read, and did all the "schooly type stuff". We started with the letter Ii, and of course I told them the sound SEVERAL times troughout the day. Finally she looked at me and said, "Mom, why do you keep saying that so many times?" It should be a real interesting year!
1 comment:
We started this week too - it reminds me again of why I do this!!! We're off to a good start -busy, but good!
Post a Comment