Homeschooling is rewarding and stressful! The business of educating children alone can bring a very smart, energetic, fun loving, easy going adult to her knees. We are in the 4th week of the official year. This week has not really been the ideal in the realm of homschooling! There have been so many little interruptions and yet somehow we manage to learn.
This week we are studying the Vikings. The kids were really interested and loved making their longships.
This week we are studying the Vikings. The kids were really interested and loved making their longships.
Ricky's Viking Longship
Kaitlyn's Viking Longship
Ricky has really impressed me with his diligence in his Latin studies. I do not have to prod him to do any of the actual work that it is taking!
Kaitlyn has started reading the Little House on the Prairie Series. This is great seeing that up until this year she has hated to read.
Nicholas is more interested in play than work. Fine with me! No hurry, he is only 4! If he can learn his scriptures for Sunday school, I will be happy.
Kensli thinks she can read! She will bring me a book and then will read to me. All part of the process of getting ready to read!
There are times that I look at others and wonder why we are on this path. Then I think that there is no other calling any greater! Living, loving, and learning with some of the greatest kids on earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment