Kensli talks a lot!!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed with her comprehension and useage of the English language. She seems to add words to her vocabulary daily! Her are some of the recent conversations we have had.
Dinner time and we were having baked porkchops.
Kensli: "See this meat, Mommy?"
Me: "Yes?"
Kensli: "Pretend it's gum! Okay, Mommy?"
Me: "OK."
She proceeds to chew the same piece of meat for a very long time.
We went to the Library this week with Mam-maw and Granny. There is a puppet theatre in the kids area and Mam-maw had the bright idea to introduce them to puppet shows. She called Nicholas and Kensli over, and as they got to the puppet theatre, Mam-maw popped one of the puppets out of the curtain. Kensli exclaimed, "OH, MAM-MAW, YOU 'BOUT SCARED ME TO DEATH!!!!!!"
Sitting in her little chair at the breakfast table with her gown pulled down over her legs.
Kensli: "Mommy."
Me: "Yes."
Kensli: "I hate phrogs, but I like daddy."
(Not sure what she was saying about Toby. HAHA!)
Yesterday morning she had another song for us. Obviously adapted from a traditional Mother Goose rhyme.
Kensli: "Please hush ev-we-body! I want to sing a song!"
(Everybody hushes and she begins.)
Kensli: "Humpy Dumpy sat on a wall. Humpy Dumpy had a fwall.
All the Queen's men couldn't put Humpy Dumpy gether
gin."
(Lots of laughter!)
Me: "Well, Toby, sounds like a pretty good version to me!"
Toby: "You would!"
No comments:
Post a Comment