I haven't posted in quite a while. On June 29th, Granny fell and broke her leg right below the hip. She had to have surgery and will be working very hard for sometime to regain use of her leg. The doctor was not very optimistic concerning her recovery, and at this point it is up to her. I have been helping my mother take care of her and the garden.
I am proud to report we have put up, so far, 20 packages of peas for me alone. That will be really good eating this winter. We have also been putting up peaches, figs, tomatoes, and squash. Kaitlyn made the comment the other day that "I feel like a squirrel." We even bought another freezer that is larger than the one we had to hold all the stuff. It is on its way to being full.
The kids have really been a big help with shelling peas and picking figs and peaches. They seem to really enjoy farm life. Just glad they don't have to clean out a barn or feed animals every day like we did when I was young. I can only imagine the gagging that would be going on!
1 comment:
Awwwwwwwww I love Granny! How is she doing? Please give her a HUGE hug from me!! Love, Karen
Post a Comment