Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Conversations with Kensli

Kensli can be quite the talker. While in the hospital, we had some time to talk and here are a few of the conversations......

Me: "Are you ready to get up?"
Kensli: "NO!"
Me: "Well, you have to if you want to go home."
Kensli: "NO, my back hurts!"
Me: "I'm sorry, but it won't hurt as bad if you get up and start moving."
Kensli: "I said, I'm don't want to get up, young lady!"

Talking to her siblings and Mam-ma back home and it was quite a one sided conversation.

Kensli: "Hello, Ricky, this is me."
Kensli: "Hello, Nic Nic, this is me."
Kensli: "Hello, Sissy, this is me."
Kensli: "Hello, Me-ma, this me. See you tomorrow, a little later."

Kensli: "My back hurts."
Me: "I'm sorry."
Kensli: "I need to go to the doctor."
Me: "Really?"
Kensli: "YES, but first I need to go home."

The other day, her Uncle Pey was picking at her. I saw her walking around looking for something. Then, I heard her say, "Where is my gun?" (Nic has a play gun that she had been playing with.) I asked her what she needed the gun for and she said, "I am going to shoot Uncle Pey and put him in jail!" Where does she come up with this stuff?

She is so cute when she is asked to do something and says, "In a minute." She has started to add "well, anyway" to some of her sentences when she pauses. DARLING!!!!

No comments: