During this whole month we have been traveling around our lovely state preaching to gain supports for the orphanage and our funds. Traveling with a 2 year old with food allergies is interesting to say the least. Especially a two year old that will throw up at the drop of a hat.
A few weeks ago, as we pulled in to a church, she decided to bless us by throwing up all over the nice dress she was wearing. I wised up, put the ratty thing on and dress her in the parking lot before entering the church. Great plan if you don't forget her nice clothes.
Last night we were preaching in a town a little over an hour from here. As we pull in the parking lot of the church, I asked one of the kids to hand me Kamryn's clothes. I was met with blank stares. Oh, dear Lord, we had left her clothes at home and the spaghetti strap, sun dress was not going to work.
I told Toby to take everybody but Kaitlyn and Kamryn with him, and I would find Walmart. I have been to this town several times and I thought I knew where it was. Walmart was not where it was supposed to be. Turns out they had built a new one, but after a quick call back to the church we were back on track.
I am sure the people in Walmart wondered about us, because we were like sprinters. Rushed in, found an outfit, and got back to church only 35 minutes late. Hey, I think that was pretty good time.
Moral of the story: If you are going to forget the dress, wear running shoes.
1 comment:
Love this my friend!
Penny
Post a Comment