August 22, 2012
USS ALABAMA in Mobile Bay
We got up early on Wednesday morning and toured the USS Alabama.
You can find their website at http://www.ussalabama.com/
We had never been and it is an awesome piece of history to explore. Even Kaitlyn, who hates all things history, had a great time.
The kids were like monkeys climbing all over the battleship. I made the mistake of wearing flip flops and the next day woke up extremely sore. Only thing I can think of is I was trying to be so careful climbing ladders with flip flops on that I walked differently that I usually do. I am not that bad out of shape....at least I hope not. I was sore in the strangest of places. Guess I used muscles I do not normally use.
N and K2 checking out the big guns.
I love this picture of R, but there is something about that it that looks a little to real.
I pray that I never have to see him on a battleship.
Due to my flip flops and K3's size we found a large room on the ship with air conditioning and cooled off.
After touring the ship we exited through the gift shop where we met a man that had been a POW in WWII. He had written a book about his experiences and we bought one. Toby really enjoyed talking to him about his experiences.
I wished I had worn better shoes and K3 had been a little older. We are going to put this on a must finish part of our trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment