Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just Knowing

There are times I really wish I could honestly share my life....all of it!  I wish that I could share the ups and downs of church, the reality of sin and what it can truly do to a person, the craziness of the people who live in that sin, the goodness I see in people, and the change I witness when God is allowed to work.  


Today as I stood on the front row of our little church, I looked around and smiled.  I knew them all, which is not hard to do with 70 people. They are my people, my church family....Cuban, Dominican, Mexican, Algerian of French/Spanish descent, African American, Costa Rican, Canadian, Guatemalan, Honduran, white American, and a few other nationalities.   We are quite an eclectic group and I love it that way. 

In the last two years we have been in the delivery rooms, prayed for them and their children, watched as they allowed God to help overcome addictions, sat and listened to their stories, met a few of them as refugees scared and bewildered, and rejoiced as they have grown in Him. They have lost and conquered so much in their lives.  Some have had to flee their countries due to oppression and some have lived with such poverty that it hurts just thinking about it, yet here they are giving God their all. Praising because He has delivered and saved!  Just knowing makes my heart smile!  


I think the lyrics to this song by Hillsong sums my feelings up.

No comments: