Friday, October 15, 2010

This Week's Happenings

A lot has gone on around here this week as usual. Here are a few of the highlights from this week:

The fair is in town and going is always fun. We don't always ride rides, but never miss the petting zoo and animal exhibits.

We haven't been to our local zoo in awhile, so with the weather so nice we decided to visit. Our zoo is really nice and beautiful.

One of the reasons I do not post many pictures of my oldest son.
Well, I guess he does add interest to the picture.

Kensli is terrified of the peacocks that roam free around the zoo. I must admit they can be quite intimidating with all their screaming. They always seem to visit the cafe area when we are eating, which sends Kensli into orbit.
Notice her table top sitting...if you look hard in the back ground you will see 2 peacocks. There were four actually all stalking our food.


If I hadn't said before, you could tell how she feels about the peacocks by the look on her face!



What Kamryn did at the zoo.




Finally, a good picture of my handsome son.



They are getting ready for Zoo Boo.
A lot of the big blow up characters were already set up and the kids loved it.

Toby came home after being in Vietnam for a week. Toby stayed home all day Tuesday to rest and spend time with us, so we took a small holiday. It was so good to relax and spend time together during the hustle and bustle of a busy week.

Ricky has been having a lot of experiments in Science this year. He is taking Apologia General Science 7th grade and loves it. Here are some pictures of 3 of the experiments he did this week. He is keeping a notebook with all his experiments, and I am taking pictures of each one for him to add.


A busy but good week!!!!!!

1 comment:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I had to giggle when I looked at the picture of Kensli on the table... Looks like everyone had fun!

We are using Apologia General Science this year as well and we are just starting this chapter you're on today. As I was review the experiments for this chapter, I think the boys are going to have fun with this section.