Thursday, March 18, 2010

2 Months in Review & # 9 is a Big Announcement

Decided that is was high time I broke my silence and shared what is going on in the lives of the 6 people that live under our roof!

1. Winnie had surgery over a week ago and I am happy to report there will no puppies in our future. She recovered very nicely, all stitches are gone, and she is back to her old self. That was very hard on the kids. Kensli actually started crying when she saw the place where they had done the surgery.

2. Baseball has started back in full swing! R. is the only one playing this year and it may be his last! The games are conflicting with some of the church youth activities he wants to participate in on a regular basis! Guess that will be a bridge we cross next year!

3. Spanish church is really doing great! We are running in the mid to upper 30's every Sunday now! Also, my Spanish is improving! I sing with the praise team and all the songs are in Spanish which has really helped. We started a Spanish Sunday School, too, and when a little boy starts asking in Spanish where the bathroom is, you learn quickly!

4. K. performed two violin solos at a university in a nearby city and received a "superior" rating. We are so proud of her accomplishments.

5. School is going good but sometimes not as good as I would like! Life tends to get in our way, but we are not stopping! There are days when I wonder if my children even realize how fortunate they are to be able to learn at their on pace and at home! I think we really NEED Easter break this year! I am not satisfied with the way our time is spent everyday! All there seems to be time for is the basics and that makes me sad; therefore, I think I will use the Easter break to take a hard look at what we are doing wrong! Praying that God will give me wisdom in what to do!

6. We have helped ship 3 18-wheeler size shipping containers to Haiti full of relief aid! I am so glad that we could be a part of this humanitarian project. We were part of a group of volunteers that boxed, packed, loaded, unloaded, sorted, and checked the contents for each container. It was a lot of work but well worth it in the end.

7. It snowed 3 times here this winter which is a record, I think! I have never seen so much snow here ever! Spring has finally arrived with highs in the upper 60's to mid 70's! I am thanking the Lord every day that the cold is basically over! Just sitting in the sun is so soothing!!!!!

8. I have started seeing a holistic doctor! He has tested me for food intolerances and I am looking forward to finding out what foods I need to avoid! Also, he tested me to see what vitamins I lack! I am ready to live even healthier!

9. Now, for the biggest announcement of all.....

WE ARE ADOPTING AGAIN!
After the first of the year we decided to pursue a domestic adoption for a biracial baby! I so did not want to go the domestic route for our last adoption and fought God about it for quite awhile! Our home study is done and so we wait right now! There is a potential case coming open in the near future but do not know if we will be the right parents or not! I am at peace with our decision right now and will let the Lord lead. There have been so many confirmations that we are on the right track that I am willing to wait on God! I will be posting as things progress
Sorry for this being such a long post! I am trying to slowly get back my desire to post!

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

You have certainly been very busy! ;-) Congrats on #9!!!!! Yeah!

Tina said...

I am beyond excited at your big news! I have not had the desire to post lately either - I'm so with you on that one.